The Flextronics Foundation invests globally and serves as a catalyst for positive change in communities around the world. The Foundation is focused on being an asset to these communities through educational programs, and disaster, community, and medical relief. Emphasis is placed on programs that serve the needs of people in communities where employees of Flextronics, and its suppliers and customers, live and work. Established in March of 2002, the Flextronics Foundation is operated as a private foundation, and its primary activity is to provide support, primarily through grant making.
Responding to Community Needs
Flextronics' social commitment to communities in need holds firm. Moreover, the Company recognizes that its employees are intimately familiar with both the needs of their communities, and the organizations that best address those needs. For this reason, Flextronics has expanded the responsibility of its senior management to identify projects and organizations that fit the criteria of the Foundation and will best serve communities in need throughout the world.
The Flextronics Foundation seeks to aid, enrich, engage, educate and empower the communities where Flextronics, and its suppliers and customers, have a business presence.
The Foundation supports a variety of comprehensive programs through direct grants. These grants serve as enablers in helping organizations fulfill their missions and expand their services to the community. The foundation focuses on supporting the following areas that are at the forefront of society's needs and Flextronics' corporate interests:
Contributions in times of need
The Flextronics Foundation provides aid to relieve human suffering that may be caused by a natural or civil disaster, or an emergency hardship. These disasters may be caused by floods, fires, riots, storms, earthquakes or similar large-scale adversities.
Medical Relief/Health Programs
The Foundation funds organizations that provide medical relief to communities where Flextronics employees live and work. We also support specific local health programs and organizations. Preference is given to those organizations where Flextronics employees volunteer their time.
The Flextronics Foundation sponsors educational programs and other charitable activities where Flextronics employees volunteer their time. We focus our efforts on those organizations distributing funds toward programs that benefit students with socioeconomic issues, learning disabilities or handicaps. We support academic programs in areas related to electronics manufacturing, and the betterment of disadvantaged students. We also support academic programs in areas related to electronics manufacturing, and the betterment of disadvantaged students. We focus our efforts on those organizations distributing funds toward programs that benefit students with socioeconomic issues, learning disabilities or handicaps.
The foundation also sponsors technical learning programs on its major manufacturing campuses offering computer based training, certified schooling and academic liaisons with local universities.
Each request will be evaluated on its own merits. In order to benefit from the Flextronics Foundation and its grant giving program, qualifying organizations must keep the following criteria in mind:
· The applicant must qualify as a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization or exclusively public institution or comparable charitable organization.
· The applicant must submit a current financial statement and itemized budget for the project you would like the Flextronics Foundation to support.
· The applicant must be able to demonstrate that progress will result from the grant provided by the Flextronics Foundation.
· Grants are provided for services within the areas in which Flextronics' personnel live and work and/or where Flextronics' suppliers and customers live and work. Preference is given to those charitable organizations where Flextronics employees donate their time and are actively involved.
· The applicant must understand that grants are generally to be expended within one year, without expectation of further support.
· The applicant must be able to demonstrate competence in the sound financial management of the organization.
In Asia and Europe, grant applications are evaluated as they are received.
However please note that in the Americas, applications are evaluated on a quarterly basis at the end of March, June, September, and December of each year.
If you experience problems with the Flextronics Foundation online application, please contact them at: firstname.lastname@example.org.