HIV Fellowship Programme: Clinical & Leadership Training
9 Nov. 2006 – 8 Nov. 2007
Announcing a one-year HIV clinical and leadership training Programme jointly run by the Government of Tamil Nadu, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Government Hospital of Thoracic Medicine, and the International Training and Education Center on HIV (I-TECH).
Programme conducted at GHTM, one of India’s largest HIV care centers and national HIV training centers, with the following components:
• Daily hands-on clinical training and experience
• Daily didactic and case-based sessions
• Mentoring by local and international experts and faculty
• Management and leadership skills development
• Clinical or community health project opportunities
Seeking 15 exceptional candidates from across India who would be selected through a competitive process.
Government and private candidates can apply.
Monthly stipend of 18,000 Rupees for private candidates. Government candidates to receive salary from sponsoring institution, as per rules.
• MBBS with MD or Diploma in Internal Medicine & related fields of Pediatrics, Chest, Skin & Community Medicine
• 40 years or less as of Nov. 2006
• Indian Nationals only
• Fluent in English plus a South Indian language preferable
• Long-term commitment to HIV clinical issues
For further details and application, contact: The Superintendent, Government Hospital of Thoracic Medicine, Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai – 600 047, Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application due by 25 August 2006